Friday, November 9, 2007

Bonney Woods Cache

Bonney Woods

Last week end my wife and I checked out a new cache in our area. Bonney Woods Cache is the name of it. It is a nice little walk through the woods. I wouldn’t really call it a hike, though. Bonney Woods is a nice little park with a walking trail in town with an old cemetery in the middle of it.

It was a beautiful fall day in Maine, tailor made for hunting for buried treasure with a GPS device. There were a few muggles about so we had to be on our guard and do our best to look like a couple out for a stroll, not geochachers.

Easy terrain and a nice view will be your reward in this cache. This is an excellent cache to hit if you don’t have a lot of time, or if you don’t particularly feel like exerting your self. The cache was well hidden and somewhat challenging to find. It was pretty neat being one of the first finders of a brand new cache. Sadly to say I didn’t log a first to find, I haven’t had that pleasure yet.

If you’re every in the Farmington ME area, I recommend checking out the Bonney Woods Cache.

No comments: